Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Request for Volunteers Breeding Bird Surveys in Prospect

Dear birders,

I received this request for volunteers from Sara , who will be conducting Breeding Bird Surveys in Prospect Park this spring. Please contact her directly if you are interested on helping and for more details

Peter


Subj:Volunteers
Date: 3/24/2009 6:06:53 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
From: slj2111@columbia.edu

Peter-I was wondering if you could help me find volunteers for my project? I would need volunteers to help nest search mon-sat 6am to 3:30pm (not necessarily all days, could be single day/week). the study would run from May 10th through August 10th. I also need volunteers to assist with point counts (must know Northeastern bird calls and identify Northeastern birds) and spot-mapping (same). Must be able/willing to meet me at the first site, transportation between sites (three sites per day) I can provide. Oh yes, and must bring their own set of binoculars! I only have one pair.

-Sara