Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Latest report on YB Chat and maybe RHWP

A new birder--David-- I ran into this afternoon took my tip to bird the top of the switchback trail head. In doing so, he found the YELLOW-BREASTED CHAT.. There is a possibility of Red-headed Woodpecker ( unconfirmed) but even if uncertainty, the purpose of this blog is to put the word out for others to seek.

David's description of the Chat location:

Hello Peter,


Nice to meet you today in the park .Wanted to let you know that I did eventually find the chat, exciting for me . It was at the top of that trail that you pointed out to me, where the big tree has fallen across the path, there was some sort of edible foliage in a live tree over to the left where it was foraging.


There was another bird I couldn't ID, high up in a tree, white belly, dark head and white tail feathers with subtle dark bars. Maybe an imm. red-head?


Cheers,

d - b