Monday, August 8, 2011

Sept 1st evening BBC program heads up

In likely my first full-"fledged" speaking engagement in over 10 years ago for the club, when I presented a sparrows identification workshop using then a carousel projector ( slides) and posters, I decided to present another workshop this Sept 1st. The topic will be "Identifying Hawks in flight" followed by two outdoor sessions, one location TBA and the other at Fort Tilden.Further details at the program nite.

Though I really no longer --religiously-- do those long day hawkwatches, I've retained some knowledge of calling the raptors in flight. I'll do my best... I am in the process of creating the program now on Powerpoint, last I heard they don't use slides anymore ( except for winter sports and playgrounds)

More later on this and posted two weeks before on the BBC website calendar.

--Kingsboider