Monday, April 14, 2008

reported 4/12 HOWA

 From Trish Duffet forwarded to Joe Giunta, to me.

<<Here's my big news: on Saturday morning I was out in Prospect Park on
my own, hoping to see some of the newly arrived species. I got a
wonderful treat when I found a HOODED WARBLER on the ground/logs/low
bushes at the edge of the Midwood, near Central Drive. There were two
CAROLIA WRENS I was looking at when I caught sight of this bright
beautiful yellow flash and then saw the black facial/crown markings--I
looked it up in my Peterson's and it was so distinctive, I knew on the
spot that I had a Hooded (life bird for me!).

I don't know how to post to the nyc and NYS lists but if you think
that this sighting is worth reporting, please let me know how to do it
or else post on my behalf.

Good birding,

trish>>