Monday, June 11, 2012

Weekend reports

I was away for a few days , including this afternoon ( Got those Mississippi KItes twice at Sterling Forest).

Reports from Andrew Lear and Tom Stephenson:

****************
From Andrew

Not sure how to report birds to the blog.  Nothing much, but on my way through the park on Friday evening, I had a Wood Pewee calling in Battle Pass and an adult male Orchard Oriole by the Maryland Monument.  I noticed that they weren't in the reports for the day.

****************

From Tom

Hi Peter,
 
Since the birding has slowed down, I thought you might be interested in two photos:
 
One from nearby (near the plaza st berm) of a Polyphemus Moth
And one from the park, the Ruby-throated Hummingbird on its nest.
 
 Best regards,
Tom
 
 
 






Both photos by Tom Stephenson