Monday, March 19, 2012

High Alert --need your eyes for Ravine

I receive a disturbing message from birder "M.D." of teenagers setting fire in the Ravine again late this afternoon. Its the second fire within 3 weeks , the last one in Rocky Pass.

Please be alert and call 911 if you see suspicious activity with "pyromania" kids on the loose. Don't hesitate.

Here is M.D's account:

Today at about 4:50, I startled two teen boys walking in the ravine on the other side of the fence. They were talking about burning papers. I raised my voice saying that the fences were there for a reason and they hopped out by the waterfall. About 10 min later I heard what i thought was more people making noise behind the fence and saw smoke. I called 911. While I was on the phone, a parks person in an Alliance green van showed up. He jumped the fence with a shovel and worked about half hour putting out the fire.

here's the Teenagers description:

The kids were Caucasian- about 15 years old. They had uniform white button down shirts. One wore a blue hoodie, the other had the same color over his arm or tied around his waist. The hoodies were the cobalt blue and had some kind of small red or orange emblem on it. One had dark hair about 5'8", the other had tight cropped light color hair, he was a bit shorter.