Saturday, November 28, 2009

November 28th Prospect

I must be on a "hot" streak. For the third consecutive day, I sighted the ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLER.I can't explain it, the luck I have had with this not so easy to get warbler. A couple years ago, I never had the luck of getting several reports I received of this then elusive warbler;this year, it must be about eight times ( at least), starting with a spring sighting way back then in Ohio's famous Magee Marsh region. Perhaps, as I lead the club walk tomorrow (Sunday) in Prospect, I might be lucky a fourth straight day. I'm thinking of carrying a horseshoe for luck ( if it works).

Location: Prospect Park
Observation date: 11/28/09
Number of species: 21

Canada Goose X
Mute Swan 5 lake
Wood Duck 1 drake lullwater
Northern Shoveler 18 west island
Ring-necked Duck 1 drake near west island shelter
Bufflehead 1 drake near west island shelter
Ruddy Duck 75 lake
Pied-billed Grebe 2 lake
Black-crowned Night-Heron 2 phragmites adj west island shelter
American Coot 4 lake
Ring-billed Gull 125 lake
Herring Gull (American) 45 lake
Great Black-backed Gull 2
Rock Pigeon X
Mourning Dove X
Golden-crowned Kinglet 1 wellhouse
American Robin 2 peninsula
Orange-crowned Warbler 1 slope area behind wellhouse
White-throated Sparrow X
Red-winged Blackbird 2
House Sparrow X

This report was generated automatically by eBird v2(http://ebird.org)