Wednesday, May 4, 2011

May 14th Birdathon ( IBMD Day)

Dear birders , friends and community:


I am delighted to bring forth news about this year's International Bird Migratory Day or more affectionately known as "The Birdathon", a celebration of all the birds that migrate through our parks, preserves, backyards and so on; it is also a celebration of our joy and enjoyment birding for those delightful winged creatures. Our event for Brooklyn is MAY 14th. Prospect Park and Jamaica Bay will be among some of the locales we will visit.


This year's theme set forth by the Bird Day event sponsors is "GO WILD , GO BIRDING" which celebrates beginner birders and young birders.


Below are links on all about the event and the support group. In accordance to the 2011 theme, my team and a second team ( more on this later) will support a dynamic organization under the NYS Ornithological Association called THE NYS YOUNG BIRDERS ASSOCIATION.

Instead of --for this year- soliciting funds and your support in checks to me or my team , you can send direct your checks to the NYS Young Birders group. See the last link below to see how, downloading and printing the paper form. All I ask is that on the form line line that says " If your donation is for a specific purpose, please specify below" , indicate Brooklyn Bird Club , NYC 2011 Birdathon. Simply let me know your pledge amount in an email to me at Prosbird@aol.com when you send out the check to NYS Young Birders so I can keep a tally.

You can pledge fix amount or cents per birds ( i.e 10, or 25 , or 50,100  cents per every bird my team sees which I will keep a species list tally. Last year we saw 126 species for both teams, 114  was my team total)
I will address more on the Birdathon next week and a reminder as well. : lets go wild ! In the meantime, many thanks for your support for birds, conservation and birding activities and for this year's theme....

Peter
prosbird@aol.com

BBC

--This years Birding Birdathon theme

http://www.birdday.org/birdday/themes/2011-go-wild-go-birding

-- What is it about ?

http://www.birdday.org/birdday


--who we are supporting for the Brooklyn Bird Club 2011 Birdathon


http://nysyoungbirders.org/


-- How to pay your support


http://nysyoungbirders.org/DonationForm.pdf