Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Prothonotary Warbler movements as of May 23rd

The whereabouts of PROTHONOTARY WARBLER , from its initial abode of the Midwood over the weekend has taken its journey yesterday through Ricks Place, seen in the bridle trail puddle, as reported by Rob Jett.

A later post on the NYS Birds listserve, posted by Mike Greaves now places the bird at the Ravine Ambergill, along the path parrallel to the creek , perhaps the pool. See the post below.

Subject: Prospect Park Prothonotary Warbler



From: Miles Greaves
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 15:36:50 -0700


There was a Prothonotary Warbler this morning and afternoon in Prospect Park. The gentleman who told me about it when I reached the park said he had seen it at Rick's Place. And while I missed it there, it did land in a tree in front of me, while I was on my way out of the park, along the path running next to the Ambergill (around 12:30).