Sunday, April 19, 2009

4/19 Prospect inc Albino American Robin



I received this photo from John Ascher, one of our regular Prospect birders.His summary of other birds is also attached.

This afternoon about 1:45 I found a male albino Robin at and near the DogBeach and got some photos (see attached).I also saw several Pine Warblers (about six), two Blue-Headed Vireos, five Wood Ducks in the pool, and three Hooded Mergansers, at least two of which attempting to swallow a very large crayfish, on the small pool just above the Ravine waterfall. I also saw a Green Heron. Hermit Thrushes were numerous and I saw several Swamp Sparrows.

(kingsboider note: small pool above Ravine falls is the Ambergill pool and falls; note significant influx of Hermit Thrushes, also reported in Greenwood Cemetery prev 4/19 post)