Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Prospect BBC "Friends Walk " Sunday May 20th

From Ann Murray

Hi Peter:
A small group (6) went on the walk through the north part of the park.  It was very slow day.  Below is the list (with a couple of my own additions.
Ann
***************
Red Eye Vireo
Warbling Vireo
Tufted Titmouse
American Robin
Ruby-Throated Hummingbird (on nest near the rose garden)
House Sparrow
European Starling
Blue Jay
Common Grackle
Mourning Dove
Chimney Swifts
House Wren
Carolina Wren (heard)
Baltimore Oriole
Red-Bellied Woodpecker
Downy Woodpecker
Northern Flicker
Wood Thrush (heard)
Blackpoll Warbler
Northern Waterthrush
Common Yellowthroat
American Redstart
Blackburian Warbler (I caught a quick look but not all saw it)
Magnolia Warbler (I saw before the group started)
Northern Cardinal
Mallard
Gray Catbird
Brown-headed Cowbird
Green Heron
Orchard Oriole (Adult male on horse path near Nethermead Arches Bridge- I saw on my way out. The testing of the speakers on the Neathermead scared it (and me) off.)