Thursday, January 7, 2010

Jan 17th Waterfowl Count include Prospect/GWC


On Sunday , January 17th, the waterfowl count commences. I have to cover , along with my usual census taker, Paul Keim ,our usual haunt on the western Rockaway to Dead Horse Bay.

I am in need of help counting waterfowl at Prospect Lake and ( if open from ice) the Pools in addition to Greenwood Cemetery ( or seperate teams if more answered my call) . Waterways may all be iced over except sections of Prospect Lake.So the job may be very simple and easy. If one or two of you can do these areas, let me know at prosbird@aol.com

I can give instructions and what is eligible for counting.

here's the BBC website info

Sunday, January 17th, Region 10 (Brooklyn /Queens) Waterfowl Count

Registrar: Peter Dorosh, Email Prosbird@aol.com or Ron Bourque email ron.jean1@verizon.net

Focus: Tallying waterfowl, ducks, seabird numbers for the NY State Ornithological Association and NYS Dept of Conservation in an all day excursion in locales west of the Marine Park bridge.

Thanks