Friday, October 29, 2010

Good communication, fast texting and what do you get ? 2 BALD EAGLES !

I was coming back to the rink after a hard day's work ( mostly preparing the Lookout Hill for this weekend's Halloween event), when I get a cellphone text from Steve Nanz, whose fast fingers with his IPhone might help me  ---with not much hope I had--to see one "dark large bird" wherever I was in Prospect. From the rink parking lot given where the coordinates of the large dark bird was communicated to me from Steve, I didn't think the bird might come my way. Well, with patience, I see not one moments later, but two large dark birds! Low flyovers over the Maryland Monument/Terrace Bridge, I could easily see two immature BALD EAGLES flying in and then soaring circles. They eventually flew towards the Nethermead /Quaker Ridge.

Well, like they always say: Good communication yields good results.To get an idea of the short yet successful result, follow the cellphone dialogue between Steve and me ; and note the time line of the messages below. (8 minutes span).. Lucky chain of moments......

Steve Nanz (10/29 2:38 pm): Large dark bird approaching park
 
Steve Nanz (10/29 2:38 pm): Coming up ocean ave

Steve Nanz (10/29 2:39 pm): Should be over park now
 
Steve Nanz (10/29 2:40 pm): Headin toward cemetery

Me (10/29 2:41 pm): I'm n the rink parking lot

Me (10/29 2:46 pm): I got them!  two imm  BE OVER MARYLAND MONUMENT  THX

** BE is code for Bald Eagle

Kingsboider note:  don't forget to check today's 10/29 reports , scroll down.