Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A good website reference on Prospect Park migration timeline

Curious about the Northern Waterthush I saw yesterday , even though I felt there was a later record(s), I went into the office records. I found out the latest Prospect record for NWTH is Nov 15, 1961 ( a long way to go go for the current NWTH) .Between now and then, there are a few records as well. Nevertheless, the NWTH is a late bird.

To get a general idea about migration time frames and time lines, here is a website link below that --at one time was a daily reporting blog --that when it ceased I started this blog for the Prospect area.

It is good reference especially as to why certain bird species would be good finds now after they usually are gone .

http://www.nycbirdreport.com/sites/2/highlights.html


**********************